Thursday, April 14, 2005

Cigarette Butt on Auction for $5,400

WELLINGTON (Reuters) - A cigarette smoked in the dying seconds before New Zealand smoke-free laws came into effect last year is set to fetch more than NZ$7,500 ($5,400) in an Internet auction.

The butt, witnessed as smoked at 11:59 p.m. on Dec. 9 by the owners of an Auckland bar, has exceeded its NZ$1 reserve price by NZ$7,574 on New Zealand-based Internet web auction site TradeMe (www.trademe.co.nz).

It costs about NZ$10 to buy a packet of cigarettes in New Zealand.

Read the complete article at My Way News

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site Ray, is cool. When I was searching for Detecto yours was one of the best. While working on my site Detecto I have been seeking ways to make it better and found yours to be helpful. Thanks!

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site Ray, is cool. When I was searching for Amcells yours was one of the best. While working on my site Amcells I have been seeking ways to make it better and found yours to be helpful. Thanks!

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home