Thursday, May 19, 2005

Dog saves man's leg

A man had his leg saved from amputation after his dog licked it better.

Mitch Bonham, 45, was told he would lose the limb after it began turning black following an accident while in the Royal Navy.

But then his Jack Russell Milo began to lick Mitch's leg for up to four hours a day.

When he returned to the doctor he told him it was healed reports The Sun.

Mitch, 45, from Barry, South Wales, believes the condition Sudeks Atrophy which affected his right leg up to the knee was caused by a broken toe he suffered when a heavy anchor chain fell on his foot.

Mitch said: "The consultant told me that in licking my leg for such long periods Milo had stimulated the nerves and helped the oxygen get into my leg.

Read the complete article at Ananova

4 Comments:

Blogger The Complimenting Commenter said...

That is the oddest, but most intersesting post I've read today. Thanks for sharing it.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Once I had dropped something on my toe and it bled and created a big blob of dried blood on the toe. I could not put my shoe on for weeks. So, I had my dog lick and nibble the blood off an I was finally able to put my shoe on. I tried to get the dried blood off myself but it kept bleeding.

Sounds gross but no worse than leeches and maggots that they use now.

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »

5:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home