Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Obese woman referred to zoo

A 29-stone New York woman says she was humiliated when she was told to go to a zoo for an x-ray.

Jennifer Walters is bed-ridden and cannot fit into a magnetic resonance imaging machine.

She told the New York Post that a doctor said she should go instead to the Bronx Zoo for an x-ray.

"It's humiliating. I was told if elephants and hippos need MRIs, they have the equipment at the Bronx Zoo. It was like I was an animal," she said.

Read the complete article at Ananova

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

I would imagine that given she is large (presumably) that she may be used to having to go to other sites to be accommodated for certain things. Did she want treatment or not? If she doesn't fit, she doesn't fit. Not the facilities fault. Come on!
Peace.............

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Ray, I had been out looking for some new information on obesity cure when I found your site and Obese woman referred to zoo. Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Doris callcenter

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home