Thursday, June 16, 2005

Hungry For Love, Man Will 'Work For Wife'

OMAHA, Neb. -- An Omaha man is on a mission to find a wife, and he's taking it to the streets.

Harold is 45, and he's bought a billboard, started a Web site, and spent Tuesday on the corner of 72nd and Dodge streets with a picket-style sign -- all designed to find him a wife. The idea started with those signs people hold that say: "Will work for food." Harold's slogan is: "Will work for a wife."

"I'm looking at this as a summer campaign," Harold said. "This is my summer project. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?"

Harold is determined to find his mate, and he's not afraid to use unconventional methods.

"My problem is, I don't meet women. I'm a truck driver. I meet people on the road, but at home, I don't meet any women," he said.

The billboard, signs and business cards drive people to Harold's Web site WillWorkForAWife.org. The site outlines exactly what he wants.

"I want a woman who is kind, who is polite, courteous, that treats other people with respect, dignity, and integrity," Harold said.

The billboard will be in downtown Omaha later this month.

"I would like to be married by Christmas, if you want the truth on it, but I don't think that'll happen," the bachelor said.

Harold has already spent about $1,000 searching for a spouse.

"How much will I spend? That's an open-ended question. How much am I willing to spend? Five to $10,000," Harold said. "Cheaper than getting a mail-order bride."

Read the complete article at NBC 4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home