Sunday, September 11, 2005

Buddhist monks start MBA degrees

IN Buddhist teachings making money is an unlikely path to Nirvana but in increasingly inconoclastic China it just may well be a leap of faith.

Taking a page from their Communist Party brethren, a group of 18 monks in Shanghai have signed up for MBA classes in hopes of better managing their temple, Xinhua news agency reported.
"Through this program, we want to learn how the secular world is managed," Xinhua quoted Chang Chun, a Zen Buddhist monk and general manager of the city's century-old Jade Buddha Temple, as saying.

Shanghai's Jiaotong University has just launched a special half-year MBA course for monks running Buddhist temples.

The course offers basic economics and accounting but also temple management and philosophy and religious product marketing.

Read the complete article at News.com.au

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ray, I just dropped in on my way back to my Christian site. I liked what I
found and thought that I would leave you a note for your efforts in creating Buddhist monks start MBA degrees. It
is amazing what you find looking through these blogs, and the links from them. Have
you ever done that?

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ray, I just dropped in on my way back to my Full Moon site. I liked what I
found and thought that I would leave you a note for your efforts in creating Buddhist monks start MBA degrees.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. pay per click sites Bar code label printer zebra roulette entertainment Digital print ny Insane anal insertion Leawood dental insurance Floor mats honda odyssey Macintosh osx free technical software Samsonite leather chair replacement parts effexor xr verse zoloft Fiume gari cassino Make a automatic gate device custom wall cabinet storage Business orchids importation Free need fast cash information

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home